Friday, May 1, 2009

And Love Bit you in the throat

I haven't been able to draw anything for two weeks. My brain just hasn't wanted to create stuff. I mean I have had ideas, but just no desire to complete them. Yesterday I had a desire, but I had one little problem. I didn't have the model I needed for my idea. So I asked River, and she said yes in exchange for a painting at a later date. So here are some prelim sketches for it.



The painting is gonna be 10 x 10. It is based on a line from a Blood Brothers' song, "And Love bit you in the throat". It always reminds me of singing ships for some reason so one is gonna be sinking in the background. That sketch of it is very rough. Here is the part of the song that the line is from:


I also played around with something for a possible later painting. It doesn't look like I wanted it too, but I can fix that. I just need to practice a bit more.


For my big painting I am waiting on the model to take the pictures, and then I will start with that. I am really excited for that one, because the idea and the model are both really good. Wait til you see it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you'll be proud to know that I'm modeling for an art class downtown, my friend's father is the teacher so he was like 'come model for us' it pays 30.00 for two hours. pretty sweet.

Walt said...

Sweet! Is it like a life drawing class where people oogle your goodies all day?