Sunday, August 24, 2008

"When I wake up all I see are fucking cupcakes"

This new painting is for my boss. It is a girl laying on a bed, with cupcakes floating in the air. The story behind the painting is when i was goin out with this girl I called her Cupcake, and one night when we were sleeping I had this dream. In the dream I was stabbing like 14 different Cupcakes, and instead of bleeding blood she bled cupcake filling. Then I woke up and all I saw was cupackes floating in the air with cherries intermittently between them. Then I woke up again. So I finally decided to turn it into a painting. I couldn't paint it obviously when I went out with her cause that would be weird, and not quite right on my part since I always give the girlfriend first dibs on any painting I complete. So that is over and we don't talk so I could finally make this fantastic painting. I obviously switched myself with a girl because I hate drawing myself. The girl is another God's Girl named Harlequin, if you haven't checked out God's Girls and you are an artist that uses girl models do so, because it is a fantastic reference. Okay enough with the talking. My next two paintings are for Courtcourt and Thomas, and are actually a series of Agyness Deyn portraits. Those will be posted next time we speak! Quick side story: In Dali's novel the "Secret life of Salvadore Dali" he told a story of a time he and Gala were standing on a cliff and how he wanted to throw her off. When he told her this she said "Go ahead and do it" I wonder if me wanting to kill a lover is just as crazy as that, but Dali was a known liar.

Sketch


Close up of tat


Inked and Cupcaked


Halfway there


Blue period


Finished - The sides are permanant Rose for those who care

No comments: